Why use collagen?
Our skin is the largest organ in our body and needs quality care from within to fight cellular damage, premature ageing, infections and disease. Our hair and nails are considered superfluous by the immune system and are the first to be starved of nutrition if it is needed elsewhere in the body. This is why it is essential to give your system all the right vitamins, minerals and nutrients it needs to be healthy on the inside and radiant on the outside.
To keep yourself looking younger, vibrant and beautiful, you must nourish from within, enhancing the body’s natural cycles and reinforcing from the cellular level. This is why we have introduced Thrivosity Collagen digestible powder.
Collagen has been clinically proven to reduce wrinkles, decrease cellulite visibility, increase the procollagen concentration in the skin and revive dry, brittle nails. Collagen is the key protein that creates and fortifies tendons, connective tissues, bones, and it makes up nearly 80% of our skin. It is also the primary component of our hair and nails.
As adolescents our bodies supply large quantities of collagen so we can grow but, as we age, we produce less each year. Therefore, it is imperative to restore the collagen levels at the hypodermis and epidermis layers. The only other nutrient with the same properties as collagen is vitamin C as it initiates more collagen synthesis in the body and works to heal the damage done to skin by free radicals and ultra violet (UV) rays. Free radicals are unstable atoms that can damage cells, causing illness and ageing.
Collagen is known to:
- reduce skin wrinkles and smooth fine lines
- increase skin hydration and improve moisture levels
- increase skin elasticity
- contribute to healthy gut and skin by supporting the structure and function of connective tissue with vitamin C
- contribute to collagen formation and protection from free radical damage with vitamin C
- contribute to maintaining skin structure, support wound healing, and support healthy hair and nails with zinc
- support tissue building and repair, including the gut and skin, with a good source of protein.
This product has not been evaluated by the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority and it is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. Thrivosity Collagen is manufactured in South Africa.